Tuesday, February 22, 2011

It's never too late

An excerpt from my journal the other day...

2/18/11 ...Arrived at the Cultural Center for Don Hamman's Emotional Identity talk. Beforehand, I talked with two older ladies – Gladis and Amalia. Amalia is a believer, attends a local church called Crisol, and invited her 70 year old friend, Gladis, to come last minute to accompany her to Don's seminar. Gladis is single with no children and has a heart to serve others. We had a lovely chat before the seminar, and after Don's talk, we had an even lovelier one. Gladis accepted Christ. She said the Holy Spirit moved on her and she accepted him into her heart. Wow! I welcomed her to the family and we had a little celebration moment right then and there. I was so joyful and honored that I got to be there to see it happen. She and Amalia both asked me to pray for them – in Spanish and without a translator – eek! But God gave me the words and I think they understood, even without it being grammatically correct. Thank you, God, for bringing us to you, whether we're 7 or 70 - you never stop working in our lives. It's never too late!

No comments:

Post a Comment