Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Copy-Cat

When I began my art classes a few weeks ago, I set aside the first session to gauge where my students were at in preparation for lessons I should use in the future. I was a little disappointed when I discovered all they wanted to do was copy me. They didn't want to invent anything new or draw out of a book, they just wanted to copy whatever I drew on my paper. Admittedly, I was discouraged that this was the level I would be working with.

Then last night I was thinking about something I wanted to paint, and I thought of the sky and landscapes, and it dawned on me, I'm at the same level! All I want to do is copy what God has already made. I can not think of anything new on my own. But God's attitude toward my copying is much more pleasant than mine with my kids – joyful, even.

Please, Lord, forgive me for my small way of thinking and thank you for reminding me of how kind you are with me, and to in turn desire to be more generous and compassionate with my kids. Humbly Yours,

-Heather the Copy-cat

pictured above are brothers, Lionel and Julian

No comments:

Post a Comment